Ito's White Tiger will REOPEN for In-Person Classes with groups of 6 or less when Marin County allows indoor activities again! Open for ZOOM classes NOW! Our Hybrid program includes both in-person and Zoom classes.
Our Site Specific Protection Plan (SPP) uses the protocols developed for our business type. These protocols have been approved for use by Marin County Public Health Officer to ensure that our business can protect the safety of students and employees. This Plan is posted at the school for all to read and a link to the copy is below. Some key protocols are listed below.
The required signage has been posted:
- Stay home, DO NOT enter school if you are sick or have been exposed to someone who is sick
- Maintain a minimum 6' distancing - MARKERS are placed outside and inside the school
- Sneeze, cough into cloth, tissue, or elbow - Kleenex provided
- Wear face coverings, as appropriate - Students should bring their own, we will have extra available. Instructors will wear face coverings/shields
- No physical contact
Implement individual control measures and screenings:
- We will do temperature/symptom screening of each person entering school and have students wash their hands before entering the mat
- Hands-free hand sanitizer is installed in entry area, hands-free soap dispenser is in bathroom
- We will maintain attendance log
Implement Cleaning and Disinfecting protocols:
- We are cleaning and disinfecting the school and have hired a company to professionally sanitize the entire school on Friday, June 26th.
- After each class, the staff will thoroughly clean and disinfect the school. This will include disinfecting all counters, railings, doorknobs, handles, floors, bathroom and vacuuming and sanitizing the carpet.
- Additionally, bathroom faucets, toilet handles and doorknobs will be disinfected after each use
Camp schedule has been modified to allow for physical distancing and cleaning:
Camp Schedule at the School: Mr. Ito will set up groups of 6 students or less to come into class together. These 6 students will stay together as a group for 4 weeks. The groups will not mix. Opportunity to change class will be at the end of the 4 weeks. Missed classes can be made up on ZOOM. The plan is for each student, who is able, to come to the school for 1-2 classes per week and do additional classes for the week on ZOOM.
We will continue our present Schedule of ZOOM classes through NEXT YEAR.
Our mat area is 46' by 23'. With only 6 students and 2 adults in the school at any one time, we will be able to maintain a minimum of 6' physical distancing. Only 1 parent at a time will come in to make payments or purchases.
Students should arrive 15-20 minutes early to allow time for these new protocols. When students come to class, they should come dressed in their uniform, wearing their face covering and bring a water bottle with their name on it. NO equipment/weapons or other personal belongings should be brought into the school at this time.
We are very excited to reopen and have put much thought and planning into reopening safely. We look forward to seeing you!